We are all going through this tough and uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, and its impact on life has certainly changed for the majority of our community. Even for KCTI, it is in no way business as usual, we have buses coming and going and continue to ensure proper safety measures are in place for our staff and customers. We are thankful and appreciate everyone who has done what is needed to help keep our environment a safe place to be.
Currently through these difficult times the safety of our passengers and employees are our focus of concern. KCTI has a Health checklist to be used by our staff and passengers. This helps us continue to offer the safest and best service possible. We ask that everyone during the previous 2 weeks of travel, be COVID-19 symptom free. This includes but is not limited to; fever over 38 °C, muscle aches, sore throat, severe cough and chills. Staff and passengers presenting with any of these symptoms will be prohibited from boarding the bus.
Transport Canada has requested masks be worn when a physical separation of 2 meters is not possible.
If the driver observes that any of the passengers has COVID-19 symptoms or that their response to any of the questions on the health check indicates a need to deny boarding, the driver can refuse to board the person for travel.
1. Do you have a fever and a cough?
2. Do you have a fever (temperature=> 38.0 °C?
3. New or worsening respiratory symptoms i.e. cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat and runny nose?
4. New onset of atypical symptoms; chills, aches and pains, headache, loss of sense of smell or taste, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue or weakness?
5. Have you been refused boarding in the past 14 days by a company or carrier, due to a medical reason related to COVID-19?
6. Are you currently under mandatory quarantine, as a result of recent travel or by orders from the provincial, territorial or local public health authorities? If YES, has a federal, provincial or territorial health authority given you explicit permission to continue your onward journey by bus to reach your self-isolation location?
Please declare upfront, if you are symptomatic to COVID-19 as NO traveller, who is symptomatic of COVID-19 will be allowed to board. No person should provide answers to the health check or questions in a way that they know to be false or misleading.